A black President, a new future


Will Smith said that the circle has closed. From slavery, to the civil rights movement and now to something no one could have imagined, a black President. 

 

As I was standing in front of my TV for hours, I thought of all the books and conversations my friends and I had about the civil rights movement, Malcom X, and about being black in a white society. I remembered the pictures of black people being beaten when they stood up for their rights in Birmingham.  

Somehow being black is being in a constant state of protest. Although there is still a lot to fight for, I know it's time to say good bye to all my images of the African American struggle and perhaps about being black. Reinventing blackness and move on to a new circle. Because the old one has now closed.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form